A A Mortgage Corp.
is located in downtown Manchester, MO,
Woods Mill Rd.
14346 Manchester Rd
in West County.
Return to the Rules and Disclosures
Rules Concerning Evaluation of Applications
Evaluation of Information
The regulation allows a lender to consider any information properly obtained, so long as the
information is not used to discriminate against an applicant on a prohibited basis.
Specific Rules Concerning the Use of Information
- A lender may not take a prohibited basis into account in any system of evaluating the
creditworthiness of applicants.
- Age and/or receipt of public assistance may only be used for the purpose of determining
a pertinent element of creditworthiness. Furthermore, age may be considered when such age is
used to favor the elderly applicant in extending credit.
- Childbearing, childrearing assumptions or aggregate statistics relating to the
likelihood that any group of persons will bear or rear children or will,
for that reason, receive diminished or interrupted income in the future, may not be used by
- A lender may not take into account whether there is a telephone listing in the name of
the applicant for the consumer credit, but may take into account whether there is a telephone
in the applicant's residence.
- A lender may not discount or exclude from consideration the income of an applicant or
the spouse of an applicant on a prohibited basis or because the income is derived from
part-time employment or is an annuity, pension or other retirement benefit. A lender may
consider that amount and the probable continuance of any such income in evaluating an
- To the extent that a lender considers credit history in evaluating the creditworthiness
of similarly qualified applicants for a similar type and amount of credit in evaluating an
applicant's creditworthiness, a lender may consider:
- The credit history, when available, of accounts designated as accounts that the applicant
and that applicant's spouse are permitted to use or for which both are contractually
- On the applicant's request, any information the applicant may present that tends to
indicate that the credit does not accurately reflect the applicant's creditworthiness;
- On the applicant's request, the credit history, when available, of any account reported
in the name of the applicant's spouse or former spouse that the applicant can demonstrate
accurately reflects the applicant's creditworthiness.